Services > Software Development
The establishment of reliable estimates for project effort, schedule, cost, and staffing can be critical to successful project outcomes. Avant Systems Inc proven estimating methods and industry leading benchmark database enables us to develop estimates for all types of software projects. We can provide estimates for new development projects, enhancement projects, software maintenance and customized off-the-shelf solutions. We also provide organizations with the necessary training, tools, and techniques to implement their own estimating process.
Our methodology provides a structured framework to collect and analyze the data required to estimate your software projects. The model shown depicts the data collected and the resulting outputs.
The resulting estimate will provide your organization with
- Effort and productivity rates
- Schedule duration time frame
- Cost per output for development and support
- Staffing levels
- Identified risks and improvement opportunities
- Benchmark comparisons
Software estimating technique and support activities including
- New Development and Enhancement Projects - We provide estimates for effort, schedule, cost and staffing, based on project size, attributes and constraints.
- Application Maintenance Support - We estimate software maintenance staffing for defect correction, performance tuning and minor support.
- Off-the-Shelf Software Solutions - We perform a gap analysis of functional requirements vs. product offerings in order to aid in make/buy decisions. We also provide estimates for package enhancements, installation and hidden costs.
Our services include
We customize our estimating service to meet your needs. We can help you implement your own ongoing estimating initiative by training your staff in the necessary measurement techniques and processes, or we can provide estimating on a project by project consulting basis.
- Function Point Analysis of your projects and applications
- Identification and communication of project factors impacting quality, productivity and risk
- Measures and controls to track the progress of your projects
- Estimation training and establishment of your own ongoing process
- Establishing an independent, fully documented estimate for your critical projects
Ready to get started?